I attended the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) expo last week in Orlando. It was quite a show with over 25,000 attendees and 4000 exhibitors from more than 90 countries. The trade show is one of the largest of its kind in the world.
The exhibitors had a lot of fun products to offer including rides, bowling alleys, ice rinks; everything you see at amusement parks and more. I enjoyed interacting with exhibitors who told me they are starting to see some increase in their business volume.
I received a lot of interest in how Equipment and Vehicle lease financing might assist their businesses. A lot of exhibitors I spoke with are looking for ways to help their customers acquire the equipment they need to expand or improve their businesses.
Although many exhibitors’ customers are renting or purchasing products, leasing can offer several distinct advantages including:
- Lower monthly payments — for fair market value equipment leases, and vehicles with residuals, you only pay for the portion used.
- Less initial cash outlay required — from as little as a first monthly payment to a 10% initial deposit, payment schedules will meet your needs
- Conserve your capital — for alternative uses including investments, improvements, more inventory, and preservation of bank line of credit.
- Fixed rate financing — no worry about rising interest rates. Level monthly payments assist in budgeting.strong>
- Tax benefits– depending on the lease structure chosen, the entire cost may be expensed rather than capitalized and depreciated.
I’m looking forward to following up with the exhibitors I met and continuing to discuss how leasing can help them expand their business even in this challenging economy.